Use Word to provide content and conveniently view requirements
OneTeam is a cloud-based platform designed to help government contractors take the pain out of writing proposals. As a writer, OneTeam provides you with a suite of tools that lets you focus on the proposal, rather than juggling lists of assigned sections, requirements, and keywords.
In order to access and edit your writer package, please follow these steps:
Access your writer package
- When a writer package is assigned to you for an opportunity, you will receive an email notification letting you know that your document is ready to edit.
- Click on the link in the email or navigate to the opportunity in OneTeam and go to the Documents tab.
- Click on ‘Proposals’ in the tab toolbar and locate the writer package assigned to you.
- Click on the File Name for your document to download it to your computer. Note: Alternatively, the document may open in Word Online. If it does, it is recommended that you click the 'Open in Desktop App' button in the toolbar to edit the file on your desktop rather than in your browser.
- Open the downloaded file in Microsoft Word.
- If a ‘Protected View’ alert is displayed, click the ‘Enable Editing’ button to continue.
- If a ‘New Office Add-in’ panel appears to the right of the document, click the ‘Trust this add-in’ button. This will install the OneTeam Word add-in to your computer. Note: The OneTeam Word add-in is only compatible with Word 2016 or later.
- If the OneTeam add-in prompts you to sign in, click the ‘Sign in’ button and enter your OneTeam account credentials in the window.
- A OneTeam tab should now also be available. The buttons under this tab will allow you to access each of the panels included in the OneTeam Word add-in. Note: If the OneTeam tab is not available, you may be using a version of Word 2016 that does not support add-in tabs. In this case, you can still navigate to different panels by hovering over the menu in the top right of the panel.
Syncing your document
- Over the course of the proposal process, changes may be made by your proposal manager that will affect your writer package. Some of these changes include adding or removing assigned sections, renaming section headers, and making updates to requirements. When one of these changes occur, an alert will show up in the OneTeam Word add-in panel letting you know that changes are ready to be synced into your document.
- When the sync alert is displayed, get to a good stopping point and save your document.
- Click the ‘Sync’ button in the alert. Please do not make edits to your writer package while the sync operation is taking place.
- Once the sync operation is complete, you may notice that sections have been added or removed from your document. This indicates that your writer assignments have been updated. Note: If you have added content to a section that you were previously assigned, it will not be removed from your writer package. Instead it will be labelled as ‘Reassigned’ and your content will be excluded from the merged volume package.
Outline Add-in Panel
- To open the Outline panel, click the ‘Outline’ button under the OneTeam tab.
- From here you will be able to view all of the proposal sections in the volume, not just headings that are assigned to you.
- Click on one of the headings in order to navigate to that section. Headings that are grayed out are assigned to other writers and are not available inside of your writer package.
Requirements Add-in Panel
- To open the Requirements panel, click the ‘Requirements’ button under the OneTeam tab.
- From here you will be able to view the requirements and required terms for each section that you are assigned.
- To view the requirements for a specific section, click within the bounding box for that section in your document.
- To view the volume level requirements, click the dropdown at the top of the panel and select the volume option in the list.
- Requirements are split by type: Section L, Section M, Section C, and Other. To see the requirements for each type, click on the corresponding button near the top of the panel.
- When you have met a particular requirement within the content of your section, make sure to check it off by clicking the checkbox next to the requirement heading. This information is made available to your proposal manager to gain a better idea of your overall progress.
- Required terms for each requirement are displayed under the requirement description. Make sure and include each phrase in your content for that section in your document. The term will automatically turn green when it is found.
- The status bar at the bottom of the panel displays the page limit for the current section in addition to the number of requirements that have been marked as completed.
Required Terms Add-in Panel
- To open the Required Terms panel, click the ‘Required Terms button under the OneTeam tab.
- From here you can see all of the required terms across all of your assigned sections.
- Terms that are found are green while terms that are missing are red.
- Click the ‘Check for required terms’ button to rerun the check.
Upload your revised writer package
- Once you have completed editing your writer package, you will need to upload it back to OneTeam so that your content can be included into the merged volume package. Note: These steps are only needed if the document was downloaded in step 4 of the first section. If Word Online opened and you subsequently clicked on the 'Open in Word' button, your document will be saved back to OneTeam automatically.
- Save your revised writer package in Word.
- Navigate to the opportunity in OneTeam and go to the Documents tab.
- Click on ‘Proposals’ in the tab toolbar and ensure that your writer package is in the list.
- Click the ‘Upload’ button in the tab toolbar.
- In the window that appears, select your revised writer package, and click the ‘Open’ button.
- Make sure that the Uploaded On timestamp for your writer package has been updated.