Use Power BI to build custom reporting and analytics
The OneTeam API allows you to utilize Power BI for the purposes of performing additional analytics on your opportunity data stored in OneTeam.
This feature is currently in Private Preview and is available upon request.
In order to import your opportunity data into Power BI, please follow these steps:
Enable the OneTeam API for your company
- Have your OneTeam Company Administrator sign in to OneTeam.
- Go to Company Settings (located under the Account Menu in the top right of the page) and find the OneTeam API tab.
- Click the Activate API button Note: This will generate a new API token. Do not share this token with anyone that you do not wish to have full access to your data.
Connect Power BI with the OneTeam API
- Open Power BI.
- Click the Get Data dropdown button in the ribbon and select the Web option.
- In the window that appears, paste the URL from the OneTeam API tab into the URL field.
- Click the Advanced radio button.
- Paste the Token values from the OneTeam API tab into the fields under 'HTTP request header parameters'
- Click the OK button.
Transform your data into a table
- In the window that appears, click the To Table button in the ribbon.
- In the window that appears, ensure that the Select or enter delimiter dropdown id set to 'None' and click the OK button.
- Click the expand columns button .
- In the menu that appears, ensure that all available columns are selected, uncheck 'Use original column name as prefix', and click the OK button.
- Click the Save button in the toolbar, save as a Power BI file, and close the window.
You are now able to use your OneTeam opportunity data in Power BI!